*GAP protects your finances by helping cover the difference between your primary insurance company’s settlement and the payoff of your loan balance up to a certain loan-to-value ratio maximum, less exclusions or limitations that may apply. The loan-to-value ratio maximum is determined by comparing the total amount originally financed to the vehicle’s value at the start of the loan. Included in this coverage is your insurance deductible, up to $1,000. Deductible assistance is available in most, but not all states. Please consult your financing representative for the availability of this benefit. GAP coverage is optional and will not affect your application for credit.
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
What happens when your vehicle is totaled or stolen and your loan amount is bigger than the amount your vehicle is worth? Your insurance will pay based on your vehicle’s value, leaving you with the difference between what your car is worth and what you owe. That’s where GAP comes in.Visit a Branch
- Supplements your standard insurance coverage.
- Covers the difference between your insurance’s settlement and your loan balance payoff.*
- Available for new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Can protect cars, vans, light trucks, motorcycles, boats, travel trailers, motor homes, golf carts, water scooters and snowmobiles.
Mechanical Breakdown Protection (MBP)
Even the most reliable vehicle can develop a mechanical problem. No matter where you travel in the U.S., our comprehensive programs provide you with valuable protection against costly vehicle repairs. MBP is available for both new and pre-owned vehicles, and coverage is transferrable if you sell your vehicle before your agreement expires providing added resale value.Visit a Branch
Coverage benefits include:
- Zero Deductible (on covered parts or labor)
- Nationwide Coverage
- 24/7 Emergency Roadside & Rental Vehicle Assistance
- 60 Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Trip Interruption
- Direct Claim Payments Via Visa/MasterCard
- Other: Towing, Lock-out Service, Flat Tire Assistance, Battery Jump Starting, Minor Adjustments
The Car-Buying Process
Looking to buy a car, but feeling lost on what steps to take? We’re here to help. View a step-by-step process on how to buy a car with Orlando Credit Union’s guide to the car-buying process.Learn More