The Orlando Credit Union Charitable Foundation (Charitable Foundation) is committed to building an inclusive, sustainable future for all through a focus on opening pathways to economic advancement, championing quality affordable homes, empowering small businesses to thrive, and driving an equity-focused approach to investment in communities.
To help people and communities by investing in initiatives through donations and sponsorships.
The Orlando Credit Union Charitable Foundation has established areas of priority. They include:
- Education Grants
- Generational Wealth Attainment
- Community Investment Projects
- Financial Health & Wellness
- Affordable Housing
Why join the Charitable Foundation?
The Charitable Foundation works towards enabling engagement and building upon personal growth goals for our members. Join us.
Join now and be a contributor to Giving Back. Giving More.
Charitable Foundation Membership is offered to anyone residing in the United States. Membership types include:
- Individual: A person. $25
- Non-profit, small business and corporate
To become a member of the Charitable Foundation or to make a donation, please contact dona8@OCUCharitableFoundation.org
Foundation members are also eligible to join the Orlando Credit Union as a member.
Education - The Grace Chewning Scholarship Fund
Who is Grace Chewning?
Grace has served as President, Vice President, Secretary, and is currently Treasurer to the Orlando Credit Union Board of Directors. In addition to her engagement in the Orlando Credit Union Board of Directors, Grace has been the recipient of awards and certifications including, The National Association of Federal Credit Unions Honor Roll, certified by the Florida Credit Union League, and is certified by the Credit Union National Association.
Grace lives a commitment to education and contributes to a variety of educational investments in the Orlando, Florida metro-area. We are humbled and honored to have her name affixed to the Charitable Foundation Scholarship Fund.
Funding Criteria and Scholarship Application Process
The Grace Chewning Scholarship fund consists of 5 (five) $1000 awards to individuals that meet the funding criteria. Applicants are required to:
- Be between the ages of 17-25.
- Be a member of the Orlando Credit Union.
- Provide an official copy of the most current high school, college or university transcripts. Official transcripts are printed on official transcript paper with the high school or college seal, date, and registrar’s signature.
- Prepare an essay of at least 300 hundred words, but no more than 400 explaining why you should be selected as a scholarship recipient. Tell us your "story" - past and current accomplishments, along with your future aspirations - as it relates to one or more of the Orlando Credit Union Foundation's Five Pillars:
- Finance/Business Higher Education
- Building Generational Wealth
- Investing in Underserved Communities
- Supporting Financial Well-Being through Counseling and Education
- Fostering Partnership with Agencies that Focus on Affordable Housing
- Provide three separate letters of recommendation from current or former teachers, academic advisors, and/or administrators. Provide the title, name of the educational institution where they work, phone numbers, and email addresses for each person preparing the recommendation.
- Provide a list of volunteer and/or extracurricular activities performed in high school junior year to current date. Provide the organization or school name, the volunteer or extracurricular activities, and the dates of involvement. For example, ABC High School, Student Council Secretary, 2022, President, 2023 or My Town Food Bank, volunteer, 2022-current.
A review committee will evaluate all submissions scoring them from 1-9 (one being low). To apply, fill out the online application (including providing all required documents) by March 31, 2024. Award recipients will be announced at the Orlando Credit Union Annual Meeting on April 18, 2024.
If you have any questions about the Orlando Credit Union Charitable Foundation, please contact dona8@OCUCharitableFoundation.org.