« Return to Fitne$$ Center
Preparing For Back To School
Published on 8/1/2021
It's time to get ready for the back to school season. If you're feeling stressed in preparing your child to be a student once again, the best way to deal with it is to be proactive. We've created a short list to assist you to get your child ready for the first day of school and ready to learn again.
- Start a regular morning wake-up time and schedule a week or two ahead of the first day of school.
- Eat a healthy breakfast to provide your child the energy they need to be mentally alert all day. Look to serve more fruits, oatmeal and real food vs sugary cereals.
- Set out clothes the night before and allow your child (if old enough) to help choose the clothes.
- Make a healthy lunch the night before with your child so you can not only discuss healthy choices with them, but get them in the habit of planning ahead. Your child will appreciate this in the morning, even if he/she don't say it.
- Stick to a set bedtime routine and time, so your child gets plenty of sleep and is ready to learn the next morning.